We’d like to thank everyone for the custom we received from clients old and new. We look forward to working with you next year.
So Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and we will see you in 2017!
Let’s look back on 2016, it was some sort of a year, seriously!
I’m sure we can all think of what bad happened this year, but what good happened? Seriously it was a good year when you consider what happened in it. Ok I know some of you were annoyed at the outcome of Brexit, Teresa May becoming PM, and that Matt Terry winning X-Factor. But look at all the good things that have happened.
- Andy Murray won at Wimbledon
- Tim Peak successfully completed his International Space Station mission and came back from space
- The Queen celebrated her 90th in Style and so did most of the country
- New chemotherapy breakthrough
There is an increase in the 5-year survival for pancreatic cancer from 16% to 27% (and is getting better)
- Scientists figured out how to link robotic limbs with the part of the brain that deals with intent to move so people don’t have to think about how they will move the limb, it can just happen.
- Child mortality is down everywhere and it keeps going down.
- ALS Gene Identified
Thanks to the ice bucket challenge the gene responsible for ALS has been found, meaning we are closer to an effective treatment. Let me rephrase that: we are close to getting a treatment for a very bad disease because a lot of people (including celebrities) got wet.
- A solar powered plane circumnavigated the world. (That’s pretty cool)
- Michael Jordan donates 2 million to try and help bridge connection between police and the community.
- Tiger numbers are growing.
- Manatees numbers are growing.
- Panda numbers are growing.
- Pakistan has made strides toward outlawing honour killings.
- 70,000 Muslim clerics declared a fatwa against ISIS.
- Pokemon Go players went insane with placing lure modules near hospitals for sick kids.
If you’re not into Pokemon that meant that people made the effort to get the Pokemon to appear at hospitals for the sick kids to catch on their mobile app entertaining them and keeping their minds off their illness, people you are Awesome!
- California is now powering over 6 million homes with solar power, a record in the US
- Volunteers in India planted 50 million trees in 24 hours.
- Apparently world crime as a whole has drastically declined as a whole in the last couple of decades.
- Coffee consumption has been proved to help curtail cancer and suicide rates. (Keep drinking that coffee)
- Speaking of coffee Starbucks figured out how to donate perishable food in a food safe way.
- 500 elephants were relocated to a better, safer and bigger home.
- We made massive strides in Alzheimer’s’ prevention
- The ozone layer is repairing itself and all the work we did to get rid of those aerosol chemicals was actually worth it.
- A new therapy developed in Israel could cure radiation sickness.
- Precision treatments for cancer are hitting clinical trials and WORKING
- Death by heart disease has decreased by 70% in the world
- Two brothers saw colour for the first time thanks to specially-designed glasses
- Portugal ran its entire nation solely on renewable energy for four days straight
- A retiree is launching a project to transport 80 endangered rhinos to an Australian reservation to save the animals from poaching
- An Afghan teacher has been delivering books via bicycle to villages that lack schools
- 200 strangers attended the funeral of a homeless WW2 veteran with no family
- A teen battling cancer married his sweetheart
- Bank firm pays for college tuition for the children of employees who died in the 9/11 attacks
- New medicine has been shown to increase melanoma survival rate to 40%
- Over 800 Boko Harem Hostages were rescued by Nigerian Army
- Toys R Us is Offering Quiet Shopping Hour for kids with autism this holiday season
- A 4-year old befriends a lonely man and helped him heal after losing his wife
Now for the pop culture good news
- LEONARDO DICAPRIO WON AN OSCAR! EVERYONE READING THIS LIVED LONG ENOUGH TO SEE LEO FINALLY GET WHAT HE DESERVED
- There’s a new Harry Potter book, and a movie
- A sweet father gave candy to passengers on a flight so his little girl could trick or treat on Halloween
LET ME TALK ABOUT ALL THE KICK ASS MOVIES WE GOT THIS YEAR OH MY GOD
- Kung Fu Panda 3, this franchise is still going strong despite that its about a panda played by Jack Black
- Jungle Book. The amazing remake none of us saw coming
- Finding Dory. We haven’t seen it yet but I’ve heard good things
- Kubo and the Two Strings. Haven’t seen that yet as well but its Laika so I know it’s a masterpiece
- Deadpool. The beautiful and super accurate R-rated marvel film
- Captain America: Civil War. Seriously is the best marvel movie yet in my opinion I need more.
- Zootopia. Oh don’t mind me I’m just a movie that tackled the issue of racism and not only game changed animated films but also made a billion dollars
Good things that have nothing to do with the year but will hopefully make you feel better